Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weenie Boats



Mom: Remember how you kids used to love weenie boats? Do you ever make them when Peter is out of town?

Me: Yeah sometimes.

Pete: Hey, what are you guys talking about over there, what are weenie boats? 

Me: Well, you take a hot dog, slice it open, put mustard and cheese on it and then mashed potatoes on the top. 

Peter:  WHAT THE? WHY WOULD YOU MAKE THAT WHEN I AM OUT OF TOWN? IT IS EVERYTHING THAT I LOVE!

  Piping the instant potatoes through the star tip was a little touch that I added myself. Just to make it a little more fancy, ya know? The kids love it, the husbands love it. And you'll find the recipe in just about every ward/congregation cookbook only it isn't called a Weenie Boat in the book, it is called a Stuffed Weener--which seems much less appetizing to me. Not quite sure why. #that'swhatshesaid



2 comments:

Bud said...

I never understood where Shirley got the idea that she should only make really good comfort food when I was out of town!

The Watkins said...

You are awesome.