Saturday, June 9, 2012

Pete Goes Down

I've had a really deep thoughts on my mind lately. This was supposed to be a post drawing a comparison between the movies Snow White and the Huntsman, and The Matrix. I'm not kidding. When I saw Snow White last night, all I could think about was the Matrix. I'll tell you what they have in common. Both Directors; Rupert Sanders and the Wachowski Brothers (or Brother/Sister) show their genius in taking two of the worst actors of our generation and making them shine in their starring roles by allowing them to speak as little as possible. The directors figured out that all they had to do was put these two in front of a green screen and say, "Now look serious." 
"Okay, now squint your eyes a little, good, now back to serious." 
Bam, you have a couple of decent movies on your hands. 
 But that post isn't going to happen. 
  Don't take an unfamiliar corner at 45 MPH folks. And if you think that's bad, you should see the body parts that are covered by clothes. Those pics are NSFW, but I'll send them to you if you want.  It's rotten luck that this should happen right before I leave town for a girls weekend in Manhattan with Emily. Pete's in charge. Poor guy, I should be nursing him back to health. Instead, I'll just all too enthusiastically scrub the gravel out with a loofah, slap on some tegaderm, slip him a coupla oxys left over from my pregnancy, and sneak out quietly. If you see Pete out pulling a Jason Russel, or find one of my kids out wandering the streets, if you could lend a hand, that'd be great. 

*The best part was when Pete called me from the car on the way home to tell me about the crash, I was on speaker and the car was full of guys. But Pete still described the crash and then said, " So you're not going to be able to have any fun with my butt for the next couple of weeks." I think he might have a concussion.