Thursday, September 29, 2011

  Thumbing through some iphone pics I've taken over the last few months, I wanted to show you a few. I only run about once a week. I mostly just go to clear my mind. For three weeks in a row, I've found myself surrounded by such breathtaking scenery that I had to stop and take a picture. 

   This first one is Teasdale, UT. When I took this picture I was thinking that I would love for Peter to be able to plan a cycling trip here someday. I thought of him because I was listening to some of his music. Some of it was good, most was crap.

A little over a week later, I found myself on the other side of the country in the Outer Banks, NC. I took this because I realized that I had never been on a beach this natural looking. It was totally deserted and there were signs to watch for wild horses. Too bad I never saw any.



And then the next week I was back home, running on the same trail I go on every Friday. Isn't it pretty? I haven't been able to enjoy running as much since we moved because of my new neighbor. She's amazing in every way. When my friend Emily met her, she whispered to me, "Holy crap I would hate to be her neighbor!" If you know Emily Bell, that's sayin' somethin.' She runs almost every day and  she told me that she goes with some girlfriends who only run 8 minute miles. I saw them once and she wasn't lying, and she generously left out the part where she and all her friends have 6 packs. She always invites me to join her and I keep making up excuses. I'm too proud to admit to her that I could never keep up, and I could never take off my shirt during a run. 

A lot of times when I run, I think about my blog. I realize that blogs only really work if you actually update them. My problem is that, well I have a couple of problems. First, I've been busy. I have become one of those people I used to hate. You know those pretentious folks who say they're too busy to watch TV? That's me for reals. Ugh. I'm disgusted with myself. The next time you see me please cuff the back of my head. Second, I'm bored with blogging. If you start a blog with something to prove, it is only a matter of time before you'll get sick of it. That sentence will only make sense to people who have been reading since day one and know that I had something to prove. At least I thought I did. I am embarrassed about my reasons for starting to blog and now I'm not sure which direction to head. Should I delete? Redo? Or just keep on blogging aimlessly? I don't know. Cool pictures though right?

3 comments:

sara said...

Oh please don't stop. I love it.

And if you want to make yourself feel better, I run an 11 minute mile on a really good day. Your trail is so pretty!

Pete said...

I'm with Sara. You should stick with it.

camilla said...

i gotta see this neighbor. just keep on blogging and i'll keep commenting with one hand.