Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Come on Ieeeeee have to say that this song has been stuck in my head for a week.

So the hurricane was wussy. And it made me mad. It ruined a trip that I had planned and my lawn is muddy. What annoyed me though was  the media coverage of it all. I hate it when the news freaks out over nothing. The weather I can understand because this is the weather peoples' change to shine and they wanna milk it. But come on guys, really? Harnden's article in The Telegraph was great. Appropriately titled, "The Apocalypse That Never Was,"  He searched high and low through the on location weather people who tried to get themselves in the most extreme positions possible in order to get the biggest story. 
 The best was Tucker Barnes who went live in Ocean City, MD amid a foamy brown substance. He reported that "It didn't taste great" and had a foamy brown consistency. Spoiler alert: it turned out to be raw sewage. You have got to see this. 




Enjoy your hepatitis Tucker. Hope the story was worth it.

2 comments:

sara said...

Oh that is the best. I remember hearing about reporters doing the same thing during other hurricanes, etc... finding the one spot in town where the water is beyond ankle-deep and somebody's floating by in a canoe, and doing their reporting from that one spot.

I only had time to read a couple of the 40+ new posts in my Google reader tonight and I'm so glad I picked yours!

The Johnsons said...

Angela you just have the funniest posts...I love to read them