Friday, April 1, 2011

A Day in the Life

  Because it's April 1st. I thought I'd treat this blog like my journal for the day. I'm not much different than anyone else. Last night Shea (8) and I planned a little April Fools joke on the rest of the kids. As they were getting ready for bed I shouted, "I"m not your maid! Seriously you guys clean up your crap. If I see anyone leave clothes in the middle of the floor for me to pick up, I'm going to make them eat the poop out of Ezra's diaper!" The sad thing about this joke is that none of my kids could tell I was joking when I yelled something like that at them.  So Shea purposefully left a pair of pants in the middle of the floor for me to see this morning. While everyone was getting ready for school, I picked up the pants and yelled, "Shea what did I say? I'm getting a diaper." Shea got this horrified look on her face and backed into a corner and started to cry. I ran into my room grabbed the diaper that I had previously prepared with some left over ganache and brought it into Shea. Everyone was crowded around as I yelled, "Eat it! Eat it!" She shook her head so I picked up one of the little turds and put it in her mouth. All the kids shrieked. It took a minute before they realized from Shea's reaction that it wasn't poop. Pretty good joke. 
  After I got the kids off to school, I went to the gym. I was running 6 miles, like I do every Friday. I looked up from the Gossip Girl I was watching to see a trivia question on one of the overhead TVs.
 
Who tweeted, "I"m eating like a pig right before I put my gown on! LOL"?
    A. Kirstie Alley
    B. Kendra Wilkinson
    C. Wendy Williams

Is it pathetic that I knew the answer to that question in like 1 second? Yes it is. 

Now I'm just sitting home looking through interior design blogs. 
I adore this.
This might change my life.
I wish I was here.
I wish I could live my life like this or this.
Instead, I'll just have to be happy with this.

3 comments:

alexandra said...

I think your family picture needs to be a little bit bigger. And BTW, you totally stole that happy family on the sand dunes picture from us.

TastyJacks said...

Try centering your banner!

Nicole said...

Wait. You just happen to have leftover ganache? I wish you were my mom.