Monday, April 18, 2011

The Best Thing About Marrying a Guy From Oregon


It's not that I don't have to shave every day.
It's not the fact that any ocean feels warm and calm to him.
It's not the fact that he always has the radio set to the Pearl Jam station.
It's not the fact that he's introduced me to the best fast food chain ever.
All those things are nice, but what is really great are all the hippie stuff he gets invited to on Facebook.
Pete says his cousins are so hippie, they've come full circle. Ex. they love Mormons.



I have to admit that I have been wanting to awaken my divine feminine lately.



This one made me think of a couple of my friends who are about to give birth any day now.  Some people think that song and meditation can get you through a natural childbirth. For me, I like to go the 360 degree turn of the head, vomit split-pea soup and frequent use of the eff word route. Whatever gets the baby here safe and sound.

3 comments:

sara said...

No way is that woman in labor.

MandoRama said...

I'm going to envision myself punching this woman in the mouth when I'm in labor next week. Thanks for the inspiration, A!

camilla said...

Not the song I would choose to sing while in labor.