Sunday, March 27, 2011

Hipsters


I'm at the airport speed walking to the gate. Speed walking. And I pass some hipsters who start making fun of me. They don't laugh because it's lame to laugh. The one with the huge beard says something goofy. And then the one with the huge glasses scoffs. Then there's one with some weird fedora who rolls his eyes and me while the one in the American flag shirt slows down so I can't get by. Does he love America? Or is he mocking it? Does he even know anymore? Why is he barefoot? The one in the stupid plaid smells bad. I hate hipsters, unless they're the Olsen twins or Jared Leto. And the worst part is that I'm not even sure if they were making fun of me because they're humor is so darn dry-- and I know about dry humor. I have all this hipster anger boiling up inside me. Some day I'm going to have a melt down and freak out at them. I don't know why though, I mean why are we threatened by a group of people who look and act like they came out of that movie Benny and Joon?

5 comments:

sara said...

Okay, thanks for the Benny & Joon reference; that totally made my day. Along with the rest of this post.

And in answer to your very important question, assuming they are compatible & happy, I think you can wait on the nickname reveal until later on when all parties can laugh about it. Like the way I'm laughing about it now.

Golduck said...

If you delete the post, those who follow still can't read it.

camilla said...

I can read it on my reader... I like it, it's like a secret message.

Golduck said...

erg I need to set up my reader and stop putting it off.

Carla said...

Hey, read this. I don't think my answer would have fitted in this box... Haha! The Benny & Joon reference made me giggle somehow.

Copy-paste link to a tab. Sorry couldn't make the html url for it...

http://bloomingbittersweet.blogspot.com/2011/06/highlighted-subculture-hipsters.html?

[It sounds contradicting, but that's how it is. Everything is a big contradiction, or is it..? Hmmm...]

;)