Monday, January 10, 2011

Speaking of Gauze Underwear . . .

   Who knew that a post about a fancy holiday party would rouse such strong emotions about hospital underwear. Which got me to thinking, I've been reading blogs for a, um like three or four years,  (Wow, so much time wasted, I could be fluent in Russian by now.)

  Most of the blogs I read are written by moms, (notice how I am not going to take advantage of this perfect opportunity to poke fun at blogging moms because I'm notta jerk and I don't want to get 30 hate comments like I did 3 years ago, there are some real piranhas out there) moms in their child bearing years. That means that I've read countless birth stories. Home births, overseas births, former Jazz dancer births, tragic births, births of multiples, adoption birth, you name it, I've read about it. Some are good, some are great, some not so great. Hey, I've even written one. So let's just assume for a minute that I am a very good judge of birth stories. 

 Behold, I give you the greatest birth story I have ever in my life read. Not even kidding, I've re-read it three times. It's just that good. I'm not trying to be funny, check it out and you'll see what I mean. 

Amanda, the next time I'm in Utah, or if you're ever in D.C. please let me buy you dinner because you are awesome.

3 comments:

Pugsley said...

Okay, so I did have a good home-birth experience, but I remember being totally bummed about no free gauze underwear--I just had to buy my own. And I don't believe the hypno-birth lady either--it's the worst pain you'll ever live through.

Katherine said...

I really can't get enough of that blog. And that's all I have to say about that.

amanda james said...

I love your blog, you are the funniest writer. That is the biggest compliment. I'm glad my story hit the top of your charts. I've already blocked that day from hell out of my memory. Please, lets go to dinner because you are one funny sister.