Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Name is Luca

No seriously that's his name. 

We had some new neighbors move in. They're state department so you never know what you're gonna get with those guys. This family has two boys so Jonah is in heaven. The first time they invited him into their house, I told them I had to meet some parents before he could go play ('cause I'm awesome at parenting) so their mom came over to say hi. One of the first things she said to me was, "I'm not an 'uber-mom.'  

What's that phrase about Sherlock? I can't remember.

Anyway, I am a huge advocate for anti-uber-moms everywhere.

However, 

  Everyday, Luca gets off the bus and has to walk up a grass hill and past my house before he gets home. Everyday, on his way up the hill, he slips, falls, decides that was awesome and plays in the mud before he continues his walk home. Then he stops at my house and tries to come inside and play looking like this. Everyday, I say, "No, Luca, you need to go home and take a bath first." I think Luca's mom could use a bit more "uber," but who am I to judge?
  Peter keeps telling me I should enjoy this while I can. But has he ever had to clean up after Luca?

4 comments:

MandoRama said...

Agreed. His non-uber-mom should send Luca up to the SECOND FLOOR for a bath and tell him NOT TO ACT TOO PROUD about his muddiness. And he had better not ASK WHY.

alexandra said...

Don't you think you're being a little too harsh? I mean, it's not like you're trying to sell your gorgeous house or anything. Might lend an air of reality if a realtor pops in unexpectedly.

camilla said...

Looks like you got your own little Lisa Peterson. You better start practicing your Luca drill. His Mom should borrow some of your uber momness.

Team Gilmore said...

Guess my blog isn't thick skinned enough...;)