Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Insert Here: Annual Whine About Buying School Supplies.

  I really don't have the energy to complain about what I've just spent on required school supplies for my first, third, and fourth graders. 30 glue sticks for one kid? Come on!

   Instead, I'm going to keep reminding myself that I live in a fancy county which all but guarantees that my kids are going to turn out better than yours. I'll just consider this expense my insurance policy. Raising your kids in Fairfax county means that I don't ever have to worry about them ending up in rehab, or if you're from Utah, an eating disorder clinic, or if your poor, poor people's rehab, which is also known as jail.

Either way, At this point in the summer, I'll happily put up the $150 for school supplies if it means I can send my kids back to school during the day. I mean, I love 'em and all, but I'm getting a bit tired of explaining this type of behavior to the neighbors.
 
 

4 comments:

Pete said...

That's your son.

sara said...

Another fabulous post. Is your house as pretty as the one across the street?

While in Utah a couple weeks ago, the sisters-in-law were discussing the little boys' obsession with sitting on the fountains at the splash pad. I don't get it. But if it makes you feel any better, it seems to be universal :)

Jones Family said...

Man, I miss Jonah!

Tiffany said...

Worth. Every. Penny.