Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Car wash, helmet, and how bad is The Hills?

That's pretty much my day. Pete wanted to go with me to get Ezra's helmet (it's really called a DOC band--potato potato) so I thought it would be a good day to get the car detailed at my favorite place. I dropped the car off, and again, they really didn't want to do it, but I convinced them. Last year it cost me $60 to get it detailed. The year before it cost $80. Today, I got my car done for $30. In two years I think they'll be paying me to wash my car.

Next we went to the doctor to get Ezra's magic helmet. You know what I realized though? This stinkin' helmet is going to cost $3500, and I needed a prescription from the pediatricians office to get it, but I don't think a single doctor actually works there. Just sayin'. Back to Ezra, the first day I brought Ezra to church, a lady came up to me and said, "Does his neck look crooked to you?"

No, lady. Don't be a jerk to me.

But it actually did look sorta cooked once she pointed it out to me. Not only that, but the back corner of his head was a teeny bit flat. So I asked the PA about it at our next appointment. She told me that his neck was indeed crooked because of a pulled muscle in his neck. She was also overly eager to point out that because of the flatness, his ears were uneven and one eye was droopy.

I hate PA's, they are jerks to me too.

I thought I'd better get this little problem corrected before they decide to make a Goonies sequel and ask Ezra if he wants a part in the film. (I think you know what I'm talking about.)

So we get the helmet on and at first things are going really well

Not so bad right?


20 minutes later.
Hey Ma, what the.......?

He's still complaining about it-- 12 hours later.

It's gonna be a rough 2-3 months.



7 comments:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

You crack me up.

Out of all the helmet wearing kids I've seen, he's by far the cutest.

alexandra said...

Yeah, that's a stinker. But at least you're still funny.

camilla said...

i hope he is getting used to it. he is so cute, i can't wait to see him next week!

Carrie said...

Ang--oh man, I feel your pain! Ezra looks really cute in his "band" though :)

Bentley totally needed one of those and my pediatrician was just not a huge fan of them and said my guy was borderline and didn't really need it. 6 years later I wish I had gotten one for him--I know as the mom I notice the subtle asymmetry more than anyone but still...it will be worth it!

writer.elh@gmail.com said...

I think for a helmet, it's not all that bad. My son (when he was 11 months) had to wear braces on his arms for 48 hours once so he wouldn't pull tubes out of his nose. We took tons of pictures. I wouldn't want any of his girlfriends to miss out on the opportunity to see him so vulnerable. :)

Heidi C said...

I think he looks adorable!

Brooke said...

i'm blog stalking you from UT... Where is this carwash? I've been looking for a decent one for FOREVER!