Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ode To Megan

Dear Megan,
I really wanted to write you a limerick but I can't think of anything that rhymes with Megan except for Reagan. So I'll just write you a letter.

Thanks for inviting me to your kick-a Madonna Glee party. It was so fun that I have to post a picture of the refreshment table. Something that I really didn't want to do because I hate it when other people post pictures of their spectacular parties that I wasn't invited to.

Nevertheless.

Check out the Kabbalah bracelets, cone-boob cupcakes, and anabolic steroid strawberries. If I would have known that she was going to go all out, I would have taken the theme seriously and dressed up like a fake-Britt and brought Jonah (my younger inferior boyfriend.)

But I really really want to thank you for sending me THIS (top baby names of 2009 in Idaho) again.

Love, Angela


To my other good friend Megan, thanks a lot for telling the world (via comment on this blog) about the numerous times I peed my pants in high school. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Who was it that peed her pants senior year on that double date? While wearing white shorts? On a hike?


6 comments:

Sarah d' said...

I just want you to know that most of the babies are born to married students who aren't even from here, so there's absolutely no way I'm going to take those lexical monstrosities personally. (Does anyone know where the nearest exit is? How about a job at a University outside of nomenclature hell? Poor Peter and Marie. They'll have to fraternize with those poor future strippers and cage fighters!)

camilla said...

I like the name Raleigh.

Megan Healey Taylor said...

Megan rhymes with awesome, just FYI.

I thought about asking to borrow Jonah, but you had already called Fake Brit Madonna and I couldn't get the accent down. I just don't have your talent.

PS...thanks for not posting those awkward cone bra pictures. In retrospect, that was probably a Glamour "don't". I should probably run my baby names past you, too.

But at least I don't pee my pants.

:)

melissa's life said...

that name list was a hysterical!! I definitely caught on to the "y" theme in most of them.

dors said...

wish my friends were creative as that...

tagskie said...

Nice blog you got here... Just droppin' by to say hi! http://www.arts-and-entertainment.info