Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Can See My House From Here

Before I explain what happened lets just all assume that I am a decent and rational person.

Now I'm just going to come out and say it. I forced another fellow blogger to go private. I'm not really proud of it, but I don't feel bad either. A few months ago someone passed along the blog of a girl who had (as far as I could tell) dedicated her entire blog to waiting for her missionary. It was sort of a funny little blog. She was justifiably defensive about being so unabashedly in love at such a young age.

Happy ending, the missionary came home and the couple got engaged. And these two kids that I had once rolled my eyes at, I am now sort of happy for. Ahhh young love. Then over the weekend, the girl posted some pictures of her soon to be newlywed apartment. And you won't believe it-- but they are pictures of the exact apartment that Pete and I lived in as newlyweds. Eleven years ago. What are the odds man?

Too much of a coincidence to keep to myself. I made a friendly comment on her blog.

'Hi you don't know me, I found your blog, I think you're funny but also very cute and we lived in that same place for our first apartment. What are the odds? Ahh the memories!'

That's okay right? Itsa public blog.

Next way she writes.

I am officially creeped out
I am officially going private


It's too bad that I creeped someone out. I thought I only creeped Peter out. I keep forgetting that I am one of the few weirdos that read blogs of people I don't know. If anyone knows the engaged couple Niki and James, would you please tell them that I am a nice normal girl and don't mean any harm?



But I know where they live.

20 comments:

camilla said...

I am so mad at you right now, I wanted to see wedding pictures.

sara said...

Sheesh, overreaction! Well I guess it's kinda like when Aaron called that high school kid's mom to let her know we know everything about them after receiving errant emails. Although if you lived in the same place as these kids don't you think she'd consider you more harmless than that?

Momma Nielson said...

That is hilarious. ha ha ha. I'm still laughing!

Viktoria said...

Hehe total overreaction!

Hey btw, I'm also one of those who read blogs of people I don't know :)

Love the edgyness (is that a word?) in your blog!

http://viktoriaviola.blogspot.com

Ms. Givens said...

I read others blogs. They put it out there.

MandoRama said...

And the sad part is, this is the SECOND person you creeped out online who eventually went private. Wonder how ol' A.R. is doing . . .

Katherine said...

I would not have been able to resist posting either!! So funny. Just think, in the olden days you might have become pen pals. What has the world come to??
Well, all I can say is that if you are the type of creepy blog-surfer out there that people are afraid of, I'll stay public, thank you very much.

Cindy said...

That is funny, I stumbled on your blog and check in sometimes. Hope I don't creep you out. LOL

The Watkins said...

Okay scruggs, even your post title has me laughing.

Melissa said...

that's so funny! I guess I'd creep people out too if they knew I was reading their blog because I blog hop all the time. It's a great way to procrastinate doing all the things I really should be doing.

alexandra said...

No, your comment was not creepy. Now, for future reference, something like this would have been a bit creepy:

Hi, you don't know me, I found you blog. I think you're funny but also very cute and we lived in that same place for our first apartment. What are the odds? Ah, the memories! In fact, I still have a key to the place and my hubby and I stop by whenever we're in the area for old time's sake. I also left a couple of keys stashed in the yard just in case. Let me know if you're ever locked out and I'll let you know where one is. Can't wait to meet you!

alexandra said...

No, your comment was not creepy. Now, for future reference, something like this would have been a bit creepy:

Hi, you don't know me, I found you blog. I think you're funny but also very cute and we lived in that same place for our first apartment. What are the odds? Ah, the memories! In fact, I still have a key to the place and my hubby and I stop by whenever we're in the area for old time's sake. I also left a couple of keys stashed in the yard just in case. Let me know if you're ever locked out and I'll let you know where one is. Can't wait to meet you!

S.L.Stewart said...

lol that's hilarious. and she overreacted big-time. i also read blogs of people i dont know hence my comment here.

Kanta said...

Kantahanan is the home of every song. The word kantahanan is derived from the tagalog words "Kanta" which means "Song" and "Tahanan" which means "Home".

A Piece said...

A Piece of Idea - Thoughts of a Man, a Blogger, a Webmaster, and a Friend. Learn simple tips from a simple blogger.

Hapi said...

You have a great favicon here. You might want to change that into your own icon. Here is my tip on Favicon and Blogger: How to change favicon in Blogger.I also have this list of Cool Favicons for you to use. Enjoy!

susan said...

Rack up another one going private. Living the dream, Ang, living the DREAM. Maybe we should make this into a competition to see how many people we can force into private? It can be our mission to rid the world of annoying blogs, one by one.

Crystal said...

HA! What a creepy blogger (her, not you). What does she expect? I don't think what you said was at all weird -- she totally overreacted. Most of the blog I read are by people I don't know personally (case in point), but that's part of the fun of blogging...you're chronicling your life for the general public. To borrow a cliche, if that chick can't handle the heat, she better get out of the kitchen. Oh wait, she just did.

Wendy said...

This made me laugh. I'm one of those people who read the blogs of people I don't know.
Cute post :)

Ashby said...

I did that to someone once, and now we're friends.

And did she really go private? I was hoping to see the blog!

(and PS, yes I am 2 months behind on reading blogs!)