Friday, February 5, 2010

Dear Navy Federal . . .

After googling you, I guess you're a credit union. I have been getting two to three phone calls a day at my house asking for Navy Federal. Wrong number. So there are one of two options here. Either you have accidentally listed my number instead of yours on your website or a brochure or something, or your customers are um well...... I've checked around and found that you have a number that is similar to mine, but I really wanted to give those credit union account holders the benefit of the doubt. Then I came home the other day and discovered that there were three new messages on my answering machine.

Message one:
Hello, this is Louis. Please tell me how much money is in my account.

Message two:
Hello, this is Louis Rogers, please tell me how much money is in my account.

Message three:
Hello, this is Louis Rogers, my account number is 8674309. Please tell me how much money is in my account.

Of course I changed the name and number. But I swear, those are actual messages.


You know how there are some lessons that you are meant to learn over and over again? Well, one of mine-- quit giving people the benefit of the doubt.

2 comments:

alexandra said...

Heck, you've got his name and account number. I see a trip to the Bahamas in your future.

Katherine said...

So...how much money does he have???