Friday, February 5, 2010

Back in '97, I was in my skiing prime. I skied often, and I skied well. I wasn't scared of driving in the snow and I only wrecked my little Subaru twice that year. Sometimes I'd leave school right after lunch and run up to Park City to get a few hours of good midweek skiing in. Life was good. Now that you know how cool I am, you can picture me riding the lift, looking down at the skiers below. Every once in a while, I'd see an awesome skier down below wearing something like this.



Or this.

I just had to throw this one in because I love pictures with 80's cell phones.

Anyway, I'd think to myself, "Why would such a great skier be wearing such dated clothes? Seriously dude, you deserve better stuff." I mean who were these people? Well, the other day, I got out our snow clothes and I sadly realized that I, am 'these people.' 'These people' are just good skiers who grew up and moved away and now only get to ski a couple of times a year. I love the outfit that I used to ski in. A lavender shell and pair of dark purple snow pants. Could I still wear that without looking like a dork? I don't care. What I want to know is, what are all you East Coasters doing with cutting edge snow apparel?


4 comments:

sara said...

Ugh, I know. I didn't grow up in the snow but my family went several times each winter, and at the age of 17 I was freshly geared-up with super-long skinny skis, white & purple boots, black stretch stirrup ski pants and a teal coat. The last time I skiied was in 2000, when I still could (kind of) pull off the 1992 apparel. But now that we're talking about teaching the kids to ski... I'm realizing that my wardrobe needs a serious overhaul. Plus, there is NO WAY I'm attempting those stretch pants.

lesley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lesley said...

We definately need a picture of YOU in your ski gear on here, so we can get the whole idea! (I feel another post coming on!) You make me laugh. But really, lets see you model your old 90's number!

reub-envision said...

i bet the girl in the cell phone is calling her friend to tell her about the fab neon ensemble she saw on the girl with blunt bangs
(no more expensive perms for this girl shes back combing instead so she can save up for neon knits for the next ski season)
FUN POST!