Sunday, January 10, 2010

When I was in college, I had a roommate, also named Angela. We looked a tiny bit alike, both had brown hair and a similar build. But she was much sweeter than I, and much more pleasant to be around.

Whenever someone would call the apartment and ask for Angela, we would say, "Which one?" And if the caller didn't know our last name, which was most of the time, the response would be, "Uh, the one with brown hair." Of course we would reply, "We both have brown hair." This was usually followed by a delightful awkward silence. And when the other Angela was in the room, I always thought it was funny to follow up with, "Do you want to talk to the hot one, or the ugly one?"

Now be honest, that's hilarious right?

Anyway, Angela stayed in Utah and I left. So whenever I see her, I look at her life and think to myself, "This is what Angela's (talking about myself) life would have been like in Utah. Comparing myself to her just because we have the same name is silly I know, but I can't help it.

I'm an emotional cutter, I know.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I had a roommate named Lara Greene while I was Lara Crain and since we couldn't usually tell which last name they'd said even when they did know it, we just became interchangeable on the phone.

alexandra said...

The real question is, do you envy Utah Angela's life?