Friday, May 15, 2009

The Internet Just Keeps Getting More and More Useful

  The other day Susan sent me a link to my new favorite website. It's better than the cake wrecks blog if that is even possible (which by the way, has an entry dedicated to Chuck Norris cakes--so this might be the best day of my life.) 
  

But here is a link to what Susan found-- an awesome awkward family photo website. It is a real treasure. Here is a sample.







This one is Susan's favorite.

You know, it's not the nudity I find offensive, but the hair, and the hand placement (man, if I had a dollar for every time I said that.)

I wanted to blog about it but not until I could find an equally awkward family pic of my own. I looked and looked, nothing. I couldn't believe it. So I looked through Pete's family pics and to my bigger surprise, zippo.  Buh-lieve me, Peter and I have two very awkward families saturated with all kinds of crazy, and I couldn't find a single awkward picture. No weird pictures, only beautiful and loving. Which goes to show, that you can't judge a family by it's pictures- that is going to come as a huge disappointment to most SAHM bloggers.
  
  Then yesterday, I was getting ready for Brownies and I needed construction paper, so I went to my file of old art stuff from my days as a French Teacher and I found a gem of my own. Now it's not a family photo but it sure is awkward, especially if you are a class of '96 Highland Ram.

  When I was a senior, a group of guys who had already graduated called my friends to see if we wanted to hang out. We were excited because-- hello college guys! So we went to Chili's. It was nice. They paid, which was totally foreign for us to have teenage boys pay for a meal. Then we went back to one of their houses to hang out which was also really fun. Now I had been well trained by my friends. They taught me that even in the most innocent situations, you should look for any opportunity to snoop and spy. And you know what is weird, it has never gotten me into trouble. So I start going through some papers in a bedroom and look what I found.






There were actually like 60 pictures all different poses. You may not notice, but they coordinated their outfits and fashioned a backdrop out of a sheet. 

I figured they wouldn't notice if I stole one picture, 

but they never called us again soo . . .

But we didn't make out with them either sooo that's probably the real reason that we didn't get a second free meal.

Now, we know that main purpose of the Internet to post stolen pictures, but I took this pic way before the web was even invented so I guess it's kinda creepy that I would keep a picture like this for 11+ years. And even now as I type, I feel sorta bad posting this because one of these boys' little brother ended up marrying my sister and I see him on a regular basis. And another one of the guys took me to Homecoming when I was a new student and had only been going to the school for like a month-- how nice is that? And I wasn't even that hot. Yet.

9 comments:

Cara said...

ha ha ha! That is a gem, it took me a minute to realize that was Danny back there. I can't wait to show this to Jackson.

Molly said...

over 60 pics! so funny. those poor boys... what were they doing? they look like some kind of boy band. i am SO glad that you snooped and stole a pic, so you could post this gem 11 years later:)

Lydia said...

Have you completely forgotten about the Scruggs family funny hat picture?

The Galan Family said...

Oh. my. gosh! This is HI-lariious! If only just one of them could see this now. I seriously cannot believe they would coordinate their outfits and take pictures of themselves. This is serious blackmail material, but I suppose 11 years later it is just funny. Great find Ang, and that tip about snooping, wish I would have know that.

Betsy Young said...

Super funny. However, it was kind of a Highland thing to do this. Since I wasn't "cool" enough, I didn't get invited into the "Cool Girl Senior Year Busath Picture." Did you?!?! If you did, post it! I'm sure it's just as hideous/hilarious. See if you can dig one of THOSE gems up!

The Ravenstahls said...

Fantastic!! Glad I caught up on my log reading finally! I already loved my teacher appreciation gift, now I have extra special appreciation for it :)
... and an extra special resentment against the woman who ate the last one, but it was mother's day, so I forgive, sort of.

Carrie said...

Whoa--that is a blast from the past! Love the posed picture--those boys are classic--gotta love 'em. Let's have more old pics!!

Nice work snooping around--it always paid off to try that kind of stuff huh? :) Why didn't I get invited on your big group date? I knew I should have made out with at least one of those guys...

The Watkins said...

That awkward family pic blog had Dave and I crying. Instead of wasting an hour watching TV, we spent the same amount of time, laughing until we cried at random people's expense. So hilarious.

Ashby said...

Those are awesome! And you want to know what a small world it is?! I know the guy with long hair in that photo. In fact, I may or may not have kissed him. He also belonged to a SUH-weet band at the time that made it no where. Yay me! I really pick the winners don't I?!