Saturday, March 28, 2009

Time to Reprioritize

Have you ever been trying to casually make conversation with someone and ask them what their favorite shows are and they say that they are too busy for TV. Then you feel like way shallow and dumb but also sorta mad because you know that you are so much busier than they are? That has happened to me more than once.

However lately I haven't been watching as much TV as usual, I am way behind on all "my shows." It turns out that I might actually be too busy for that much TV, but I don't want to turn into a jerk and get all high and mighty when someone asks me what shows I watch. 

This is such a dilemma.

So this past week, while painting weird hours, I have found a new show that has the potential to make me dumber, meaner and more shallow than I ever thought possible. And buh-lieve me. I am dumber, meaner and more shallow than you think is possible.




I don't know if I like this show because I like rap videos, or because I am skinnier than most of these "models." But I am pretty sure that this show is the biggest setback the Feminist Movement has seen in a long time.  

Set your TIVo, watch, and repent.

1 comment:

Nathan & Michelle Watabe said...

Yes, I have had this experience MANY times. Once we were at dinner with a bunch of couples from our ward in CA (all of them 5-10 years older than us). I kept bringing up different shows, trying to keep the conversation going and none of them knew what I was talking about. Later my sweet husband pointed out that they all have more of a life than I do and don't watch TV. I honestly believe that I would MAKE time for TV even if I had 6 kids, a full time job, and no husband.

Oh, and I really have issues with people who think they are busier than everyone else. We are all busy. Even if we had been in an "easier" stage of life that we later realize wasn't really that busy, at the time, it was stressful and as much as we were able to handle.

I think you hit a nerve with me on this one.