Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm off


So I'm going to Australia today. Yes. Today. I have had this trip planned for almost 6 months and it's finally here, I can't believe it. But you if there is one thing I have learned during my trip preparation conversations, it's that most of my friends are dumb. Here's how the conversations go.

Me: So our whole family is going to Australia for Thanksgiving.
Them: Wow! How long is the flight?
Me: 20 hours total. 5 to LA, 15 to Sydney.
Them: Ohmygosh with all your kids? You are "brave."
Me: I know
Them: Hey do you think you'll see a Kangaroo?

  Now here's the thing. If I wanted to see my family, I would go to Utah. If I wanted to go to a fun beach, I would go to Florida or California. If I wanted to go to a different country where people had funny accents, I would go to London. 

  Trust me, I am not going to sit on a plane for 20+ hours with 4 kids and a hubby (all of which have some gross stomach virus) just to see my family, sit on a beach, or hear a funny accent. 
  
  If I don't see a Kangaroo. No Wait. If I am not eating Kangaroo within hours of my arrival, I am going to be very disappointed. I want to box with a Kanga. I want my kids to ride and kiss one. I want Sloane to sit in a pouch. 





edit: Ok I was just trying to be funny when I said that thing about eating a Kangaroo, but guess what? I just found out that they actually have hot dogs made from Kangaroo meat. Get this they're called kanga bangas. This trip might be worth it after all.


4 comments:

Camilla said...

You have to eat Kangaroo Jerky so yummy! Have fun, I can't wait to hear all about the flight.

t-dizzle lang-sizzle said...

forget kangaroo. the crocodile is were its at. Serious. get some croc jerkey. And i also think u have to try a bitter beer. It is possibly the grossest sickest stuff i have ever tasted but its part of the experience, and itll def give u somethin to bog about.

The Galan Family said...

oh you have such a charmed life! Jetting off to Australia for Thanksgiving. Hope you have a wonderful time. Later.

bribets said...

Come home! I miss your blog entries!