Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Comments Dilema

So Spencer's cyber feud reminds me of the days of my own E-spat. I've been thinking about comments, our weapons of choice on the blogspot. Every time I look at my settings, I wonder if I should change them. As of now, I am open to all who have something to say. It sends a message that everyone is welcome here; the friendly and the spineless alike. The funny thing is is that the anonymous comments reveal much more about a person than any comment with a name next to it. Here are some examples of comments I've received.

fun and more fun

You're preachin' to the choir baby! I don't think I'm funny or normal, and I am totally aware of how few friends I have.

Wait, I take that back, I do think I'm pretty funny but at the same time I understand the fact that I am probably not actually funny to anyone else. I'm ok with that.

Now I'm not trying to dig  up things that are past, but with these eloquent words in mind, I have found the perfect model to follow when deciding what to do with my comments. 


My good friend Andrea even posted and empathetic comment on Paige's blog. I have been trying to post comments for days and they keep getting deleted. I haven't even been trying to say anything mean (and I know mean)!
 
What's the deal? 

She's a genius! That's the deal.

So here's my plan: 

  • No one anonymous allowed.
  • If you say something that I think is rude- I'll remove it.
  • If your post has words that are too big-- I'll remove it.
 
Ways to keep your post up on my blog. 
  • Comments about how pretty I am
  • Comments about how mean, mean people are
  • Good use of the word douche

Seriously though, I don't think you are a coward if you don't want to allow creepy anonymous comments. But if you write something on your blog, you have to own it.



2 comments:

Camilla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spencer said...

Angela, you are an awful mom and hypocrite and I'm begining to doubt Jesus' love for you. Don't worry though, I'll pray for you.