Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gotta Have it!

Have you ever turned on the TV at around 4 AM and gotten sucked into watching like the stupidest infomercial ever? You know they are selling crap, and you know everyone on the show is an actor, but you can't change the channel and 45 minutes later you find yourself screaming at the TV, "JUST TELL ME HOW MUCH IT COSTS AND HOW I CAN GET IT!" 

In the back of your mind,  you still sorta know it's junk but you have to have it.

That happened to Peter once, he was obsessed with this.





He watched a 2 hour infomercial this one day instead of going to work. When I came home and found him on the couch instead of in his office I said, "What the heck is going on here?" His only reply was, "This is so awesome, we have to get this, it is only sixty dollars and you get all this stuff, and I will make dinner all the time because it only takes 30 seconds to make soup and scrambled eggs and I am totally going to start working out again because the magic bullet makes the most delicious protein shakes!"

I don't remember what my reaction was because everything went kinda fuzzy and 
then black But I do remember that he went to work four hours late without being the proud owner of the Magic Bullet.

He sulked for a couple of weeks and spent hours and hours watching TV searching for the Magic Bullet, but never did see that infomercial again so he didn't know how to get it.

Then he suddenly started spending large amounts of time on craigslist. Hmmm. 

Tip: if your husband spends large amounts of time on craigslist better make sure you don't see the word "personals" in your internet history. Lucky for me, my husband isn't some weirdo--he just wanted to make me salsa in 30 seconds, awww.

I'm sure you've guessed the how the story ends. Peter buys the Magic Bullet off of craigslist and gets a "sweet deal." Unfortunately, Pete has yet to cook dinner and the Bullet has yet to change his life.


P.S. Did you know you can buy the Magic Bullet at Costco for like $20 less than what Pete paid?



The moral of the story is, if Pete wants to buy something silly off of an infomercial, don't be a jerk, just let him get it. If you don't, you may end up like me, a year later obsessed with this.

 










You must be insane if you don't understand why the pedegg is a must have.
Click here and watch the video--you'll see. Have you ever known anyone with an Australian accent to be wrong?

My birthday is coming up but I went so bizerk about the Bullet that I am too ashamed to ask for it.

Poor Angela.


7 comments:

MandoRama said...

I'm not proud to admit this, but . . . 1) I have had a brand new Magic Bullet sitting in the back of my car since late-June. Bought it at a yard sale for $15.
2) I bought the PedEgg at Bed Bath and Beyond last week. And after a long summer of bare feet, I highly recommend it.

Ashby said...

Ped Egg is only $10 at Wal-Mart!

Camilla said...

I used one of those yesterday to make James a shake, I love it! I am totally going to buy one.

Megan Healey Taylor said...

My mother-in-law SO got us a Magic Bullet for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was...speechless. :)
Ryan assured her that he was super sad it "didn't fit in the suitcase" for the plane trip back, but I think we had it all wrong. I've heard since that people like them. Maybe it's that little red "as seen on TV" logo on the box...

The Galan Family said...

Gotta love those infomercials. They seriously suck you in! Somehow they make you believe that you CANNOT live another day without their product. Perry, who usually more skeptical of things like this, ordered P90X, it's a pretty intense workout program. He promised me he would have washboard abs in 90 days. Its about 200 days later, and still no washboard abs! Gotta love em'. Maybe when he gets back.

Carrie said...

For me it was NADS (the Australian non-hot hair wax stuff--remember?) about 6 years ago. I used it twice and then never again. Classic infomercials--gotta love them!

t-dizzle lang-sizzle said...

LOL i remeber when u told me that story back in utah. Thats pretty funny. I have often pondered buying the magic bullet but never got down to it. I also like the infomercial that is like those mini grill things that can make breakfast lunch dinner or just a snack for the kids. I think that would definately compliment the MagBul